Sunday, January 3, 2010

1 Book Down, 19 to Go

That's right... my goal of reading 20 books in 2010 is 1/20 of the way finished.  I finished Love the One You are With by Emily Giffin at about 1:00 am.  That's right, I couldn't put the book down.  What an eloquent writer she is, and so descriptive.  However, the book was a little different than the typical Nicholas Sparks love stories I tend to read, which is good, I am branching out!  

In summary (I don't want to give too much away) this novel is about a newlywed living in NYC with her husband, a southerner from a very prominent family.  She is head over heals in love with her husband, UNTIL she runs into her ex-boyfriend and first love on the streets of NYC. Ellie then finds herself in conflict and trying to fight feelings coming back for her previous lover, and the feelings of resentment when her husband takes her away from the city, her well-developed career, and moves her to the south with his family.  

My favorite line, "Of saccharine-sweet, blond, blue-eyed, Lilly Pulitzer wearing, Bunco-playing neighbors with whom I have virtually nothing in common."  

I love her writing, and this line!  Not to mention I was able to show my husband this line to let him know that Lilly Pulitzer was actually very popular just not around here.  When I asked for a Lilly sweater for Christmas he had never heard of it, but he was a trooper and bought it for me!

Anyway, I highly suggest this book!  Now, on to the next one Something Borrowed also by Emily Giffin.  You will notice that when I find a good author, I often stick to their books!  

Until next time,
H :)

No comments:

Post a Comment