Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another weekend is coming to an end, which means the closer it is getting for me to go back to the regular school year. I am dreading it! Teachers have to report August 5 and the kids the 10th. I don't ever remember starting school that early. How about you?

As school begins, and I have been dreading it, I have been really starting to focus on a career change. I know that teaching is not my thing and I will not be one of those "lifers". I really want to get into health and wellness. I went to Ball State (my alma mater) on Thursday to meet with an advisor. I want to go back to school to become a registered dietician. Ball State is 50 minutes from my house and the closest of the only three schools in the state that offer the degree. I was hoping that I could take some classes at night and in the summer when I am off work because we cannot afford for me to quit my job now and go back to school full time. Unfortunately, not many classes are offered at night. I can take about five science classes at the commuter campus here in Indy and they will transfer. So, I am not sure when exactly I will begin my degree to become an RD, but I have decided that is what I DO want to go back to school for; it is just frustrating that it will take so long.

When I got home from BSU on Thursday, I did a little job searching on the internet. I found a job that would really fit me and help me move in the direction of health and wellness. So, I applied for the job. The job title is Family and Youth Program and Director at the YMCA. I sent them my resume. They are taking resumes until the 22nd and will then begin the interview process. So, now begins the waiting game, and who knows what will happen, but it was a good chance to take. Some people might think I am crazy because I will have to work 12 months of the year, but I believe that if you LOVE your job, then 12 months won't matter.

On to the weekend, and what a wonderful weekend it was! I have the BEST husband. Friday night Mr. Hoosier came home from work, and had stopped at the seafood market. He brought home some fresh shrimp cocktail and salmon. He grilled the salmon, cooked mashed potatoes, and broccoli. I stopped at Encore Desserts and picked up a piece of cheese cake for each of us; it was the least I could do after his wonderful dinner planning skills. We had a nice dinner and then sat on the porch and enjoyed a few glasses of wine.

Saturday morning we slept in until 10am; thank you to the wine, I am sure! We then went golfing. Mr. Hoosier is a good golfer, and me on the other hand, well not so good. I used to golf when I was younger, but not so much anymore. I promised Mr. Hoosier that I would go with him. So, we went. It was fun! I am not very good and got very frustrated, but overall, a good time. I will admit, I want to continue golfing. Part of me wants to continue it because I am competitive and want to get better. The other part of me.... wants to continue because I LOVE the PREPPY golf clothes. I am horrible, I know.

After golfing we stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up the rest of the things for our main bathroom. IT IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!! The bedrooms and our bathroom is the only thing left! I am so excited! Saturday night A & J came over and we played cards and had a few drinks. It was a fun night!

Today, we went to breakfast and then church. I think we FINALLY found a church we will call "ours". I am so relieved. Finding a church has been a daunting task for us. I grew up Catholic and Mr. Hoosier grew up Free Methodist. He is also a Pastor's Kid and came from a small congregation where as I came from a big one. We are glad to have finally agreed on a place we we can both grow spiritually!

After church, we went grocery shopping and then came home to watch the British Open. I really enjoyed watching golf as well. My dad would be so proud of me! After the Open we went on a 4 mile run and then I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest it. It is a short, but tough 20 minute workout. It combines strength, abs, and cardio in a circuit format. All you need is the video and a set of free weights.

We were supposed to have a co-ed softball game tonight, but it was cancelled because of the weather... boo.

My goal for this week is to blog more often. I don't want to bore you all with such long blogs of my life. I am also going to try to do the shred each day, and get in a total of 12 miles this week! I also start my training for my Group Exercise, so we will see how it goes.

Keep your fingers crossed for the job I applied for!

Until next time....

=) H

No comments:

Post a Comment