Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Waiting Game Begins

As some of you may know, I applied for new job last week.  The title of the job is Youth and Family Director for the YMCA.  The job description and qualifications indicated they were looking for the following:

1. Bachelor's degree in education or recreation- CHECK
2. Ability to work with children of all ages- CHECK
3. Experience in Non for Profit Management- CHECK
4. Managing a non for profit budget- CHECK
5. Experience fundraising and grant writing- CHECK

So, as you can see, I feel as if I am qualified for this job.  I can't stop thinking about it.  I think it would be absolutely perfect for me.  I would be in charge of implementing programs and activities for kids, teenagers, and families; right up my alley, plus it is contains the health wellness aspect that I love.  Plus, I would love to bring the Girls on the Run program to this YMCA.  

I catch myself daydreaming several times a day about this job; what programs I will implement, what the people will be like, what my office might look like, etc.  I am crazy, I know.  I don't even have an interview yet.  The job posting closed last night at midnight, so I should hear from them in the next couple weeks.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high.  I know that I am young and that may be a downfall.  I will also be in charge of managing staff and being 25 years old may be a disadvantage for me.  But I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers.  I know God has great things in store for me and my career; I just need to have patience and wait for Him.

It's almost the weekend....

:) H

No comments:

Post a Comment