Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Half Way There

At the beginning of 2010, I made a goal for myself to read 20 books this year! I love to read and have always loved to read, but tend to only read during summer and breaks off from work. So, it was my goal to read during the school year too; of course I am talking about for pleasure and not all of the professional books and resources that I read.

Yesterday, I finished my 10th book- I am halfway to my goal! My 10th book was House Rules by Jodi Picoult. If you look at my book list, you can see that I read her books often because they are exceptional; this book was no exception. Her writing amazes me because it is evident that she has to do some much research to write the majority of her books. Many of her topics are very controversial. This book was about an 18 year old boy who was on the Autism Spectrum, Aspergers to be exact, and was accused of murdering his tutor. As a teacher I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Although fiction of course, I learned things I didn't know about Aspergers.

So, if you are looking for a new read, I suggest you pick up this book, and then let me know what you think.

Until next time,

H =)

No comments:

Post a Comment