Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Welcome Hamilton County Girls on the Run

The waiting game is over... our independent council of Girls on the Run for Hamilton County has been accepted.  I can't believe it!  

I had a phone interview with the girls at the international office at 11:45 yesterday.  I felt very confident about the interview because they said our application was very thorough and they didn't have too many questions for us because we answered everything.  However, they then told us that it was the most applications they have received; I was then nervous.  At 4:30 pm I then received an email letting me know the the council was accepted!  WOW!  I am still in shock!

The next steps...

I am now working diligently to form our steering committee, which will turn into our Board of Directors.  I will attend training in February in Charlotte, NC.  I can't wait to meet Molly Barker and the rest of the GOTR staff.  It is going to be fabulous!  After that, we will begin the process of gaining our 501c3 status and begin to fundraise and advertise in Hamilton County.

So, here the journey begins.  I can't even begin to explain my excitement.  Last night Mr. Hoosier and I went to dinner to celebrate and he kept asking me what was going through my head.  For the first time in my life I feel like I am unable to accurately articulate my feelings.  I am just so amazed that I have been chosen to bring this opportunity to my community.  At the age of 25, I will be starting my non for profit program for the girls in my community.  Some people dream of this their whole lives!  My dreams have come true!   I am not nervous, I am not second guessing myself, I am ready to "hit the ground running" (non pun intended).  I am so very grateful that God has unveiled his plans for me and for my life.  He has put me in a position that I am overly enthusiastic about, and I know I will enjoy and be successful.  

So, friends, I ask you to support me and follow me through this journey!  I am sure I will be blogging about it quite often.  

Here it goes... "All for the girls"  

H :)

2 comments:

  1. WHOOHOOO! I can't wait to meet you (and the other amazing folks who will "show up" in your Girls on the Run Life. See you in February. Hang in there. Let any of us at National know how we can be of service to you as your pursue YOUR dream!!!! Joy abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you daughter! The girls in Hamilton are so, so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete