Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it is that time of year again when we all get together and celebrate the gifts we have in our lives.  Mr. Hoosier and I are very excited to spend our first Thanksgiving together as husband and wife.  We have so much to be thankful for, and we will be busy celebrating those things all weekend.  

Our festivities will start early tomorrow morning with the Drumstick Dash.  Yes, yes, yes we will be doing a 4 1/2 mile run before indulging in delicious food.  We will then head to Bloomington to spend time with his Dad's side of the family.  We will return home in the evening and hopefully enjoy a trip to the theatre for a movie.  Friday morning we will wake up and head to New Haven for Thanksgiving with my family.  We have an afternoon filled of pictures for our Christmas cards and then are heading to dinner with my best friend and her family.  Saturday afternoon is my family Thanksgiving.  It is always so great to be home with the family and all of my cousins!  

In lieu of the holiday, I decided to do a list of things I am thankful for.  I am of course very thankful for my wonderful husband, our precious dog, my amazing family, and our friends, but what is it about those things that I am the most thankful for?  Here is my list; enjoy!

I am thankful for...
- my husband's loving heart, the way he takes care of our little family, and his patience with me
- my younger, beautiful sister and the way we have grown so close over the last couple years
- my brother- his calmness, his carefree spirit, and his love for his sisters
- my mother and everything she has given me throughout the 25 years of my life
- my dad adopting me when I was 4, the life he has given me, and the unconditional love he has shown
- finally, having my grandpa close to me and being able to see him more than once a year.  My gramps is truly one of life's greatest blessings. 
- the relationships I have with my cousins.  Some think it is weird that we are so close, but I think it is wonderful!
- always having my aunts and uncles in my life.
- the Pinkgirls.  Even though we are all at different points of our life, our friendship means the world to me, and I know I can always count on them!
- the life I have created away from home.  It has given me a true feeling of independence.
- my sweet dog and how she is always happy.
- not having to worry or stress over much in life.
- the relationships I have been able to create through Mr. Hoosier's friends
- a wonderful colleague who is always there for me.
- the opportunity to start up Girls on the Run
- the ability to run
- my intelligence, my passion, and the ability to love.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment