Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life's Surprises

I have been SO busy lately that I haven't had a chance to write.  Although, I want to share some of the surprises life has given me lately...

Surprise #1 = My JOB

As many of you, that either know me or read my blog, know I haven't been looking forward to the school year.  In fact, I had been dreading it so much.  Prior to the school year, I was crying every night and begging my husband to let me resign.  Well, the resigning didn't happen, but something did.  I don't know what it is, BUT as of RIGHT NOW, I am enjoying teaching immensely.  The first couple of teacher work days, I would drive into school, no radio, just praying to God that He would show me what I need to do and be with me through the difficult time.  Well, He did, I now feel like I have the zest for teaching that I  used to have.  My students are wonderful, and it helps that my 5th graders I have been working with since they were in third grade.  I have already done some really neat activities, and am looking forward to what else this year has in store for me and my teaching career.  I know that when I get down and frustrated (bound to happen) I can look back on this blog and remember how I felt at the beginning of the year; maybe it will help with my frustrations.  The other thing that might be helping is that this year I FINALLY feel like I know what I am doing ALL the time as a Resource Teacher and always am prepared.  I never before felt ahead; instead I was always playing catch-up.  I hope this feeling continues; it feels good to look forward to going to work everyday!  I love watching my kiddos learn :)

Who knows if teaching if this is what I will do forever- I still am so interested in the health and wellness field.  I just know it was I AM supposed to be doing right now.  I will continue to pray that He will give me direction.

Surprise #2 = Go Cubs, Go, Go Cubs, Go

That's right, WRIGLEY FIELD.  This past weekend Mr. Hoosier and I headed to Chicago with my mom, brother, and sister.  It was a "Back to School Surprise" from my Mom, and what a great surprise it was!  We had a wonderful family weekend.  My family came down to stay with us Friday night and we had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed each other's company.  They hadn't been here since the wedding, so I was so excited to show them the house too!  Then, we woke Saturday morning and made the 3 hour drive to Chi-town.  Well, on the way up there Mr. Hoosier received a Speeding Ticket :( , but that wouldn't ruin our fun.  We finally made it to Chicago, checked into our hotel, and immediately took the train to Wrigley Field.  What a fabulous day!  It was Mr. Hoosier's first time at Wrigley and he enjoyed it, even though he is a Boston fan.  The Cubs won!!!!  We then headed to some shops and I bought a new Cubs shirt.  After that, we went to this place called "The Diner", which was a BLAST!  My brother and sister were able to get in and we had lunch, and sang karaoke.  Yes, there was karaoke at this place!  My sister sang, Mr. Hoosier sang, and later (after a few beers, of course) I sang as well!  We stayed there all night!  Finally, at about 3am Mr. Hoosier, my brother, and myself took the train back to the hotel.  My mom and sister had gone back at about 12:30.  Sunday was rough, but we walked around downtown and went up to the Sears Tower.  We got back home Sunday night at 10pm; it made for a rough and sleepy Monday morning, BUT well worth it!  Thank you, Mom for a wonderful weekend in Chicago.  I love my family and the time we spend together.  That was one of those weekends I will never forget.  And thank-you Mr. Hoosier for agreeing to making the trip!

Until next time....

H:)

No comments:

Post a Comment